- User Since
- May 9 2014, 11:04 PM (331 w, 6 d)
Fri, Sep 11
Thu, Sep 10
Yeah, doing copies 2MB at a time shouldn't be too slow. However, it does cause a different problem, I think. When I used this to copy a 16 GB sparse file (512B used) on UFS, the output file had 32MB used. I'm guessing that's due to UFS indirect blocks, and that increasing the copy_file_range bufsize would reduce the number of indirect blocks created. Alternatively (and probably better) would be for cp to use SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA to completely skip the holes. But this version is still a lot better than the previous one.
Wed, Sep 9
Tue, Sep 8
Mon, Sep 7
The new code looks better. But grrr, there are two big problems:
- It doesn't compile due to some recent changes on head. I suggest the following:
- Remove the <rpc/rpc.h>, <sys/mount.h>, and <fs/nfs/*> includes from audit.h. In addition to fixing the compile failure, it's generally not recommended to include headers from other headers. Sometimes it's necessary, but it also causes header pollution, and slow build times. Instead of including those files, just forward declare struct nfsrv_descript; and struct kaudit_record;.
- Add `<netinet/in.h>, <rpc/rpc.h>, <fs/nfs/nfsdport.h>, <fs/nfs/nfsproto.h>, and <fs/nfs/nfs.h> to audit_bsm_db.c
- Add <rpc/rpc.h>, <fs/nfs/nfsport.h>, <fs/nfs/nfsproto.h>, and <fs/nfs/nfs.h> to audit.c
Sun, Sep 6
If the RFC does not allow unconfirmed clients to have delegations, then I think this change is correct. And I can't find any other problems with it.
If it makes a difference, one of the crashed server's clients _did_ recently do a change of address (though I'm unsure of the exact timing, and of course I can't guarantee that the client isn't buggy). But none of the clients rebooted within 4 days of the crash.
Sat, Sep 5
This seems wrong for two reasons:
- nfsrv_docallback has other callers, too
- How can we be sure that the previous client isn't still using its delegation?
Wed, Sep 2
Sun, Aug 30
Using two completely separate functions reduces the scope of error. Also prevent any mutation to the current code path for not locked vnodes, while allowing it to work for locked vnodes.
Wed, Aug 26
Tue, Aug 25
Sun, Aug 23
Fix build on powerpc and fix one style bug
Thu, Aug 20
ping. Any comments here? I'd like to commit before 12.2-RELEASE if possible.
ping. Any further comments on this PR?
Aug 19 2020
This is a much better locking strategy. However, there's a lot of duplicated code. Could you maybe combine the _locked with the original functions, so there wouldn't be so much duplication?
Aug 14 2020
Fix crypto_cursor_advance when amount > 4096
Aug 12 2020
Aug 11 2020
Don't duplicate USE=kmod's IGNORE warning
ping. Is there anything else I need to do here?
Aug 10 2020
Aug 8 2020
Aug 7 2020
Ok. As long as you've tested it with GCC6, then it's fine by me.
r329984 was done for a reason. With your change, can you still build world with GCC6?
Jul 30 2020
Restore gordon and knu
Thanks for catching those. My process is only partially automated.
Jul 29 2020
Jul 27 2020
Jul 26 2020
Jul 24 2020
Jul 22 2020
Use CRYPTO_BUF_VMPAGE instead of CRYPTO_BUF_UNMAPPED, and name static functions cvm_page_XXX
Minimize conditional compilation, and style fix to "char*"
Respond to kib's comments, mostly style. Also, rebase.
Jul 21 2020
Conditionally compile most CRYPTO_BUF_VMPAGE code
Jul 20 2020
Allow PMAP_HAS_DMAP to change at runtime
Use a vm_page_t array instead of sf_buf, only on DMAP architectures.
Jul 19 2020
Jul 18 2020
Fix deadlock during out-of-sf_buf condition
Jul 17 2020
Add sf_buf intelligence to crypto(9) and use it for geli reads