- User Since
- Jul 1 2014, 6:02 PM (211 w, 1 d)
Mon, Jul 16
Fri, Jul 13
Tue, Jul 10
Looks good to me. Some may complain about the Xr references to the removed numa_getaffinity(2) and numa_setaffinity(2) in numa(4), but I think it's fine given that they are removed from the SEE ALSO.
Mon, Jul 9
Fri, Jul 6
Thu, Jul 5
It looks like usr.bin/Makefile also needs an update to unhook the removed numactl.
readelf -a libc.so.7.full | grep netbsd 905: 000000000008cf10 11 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_msync@FBSD_1.0 (2) 3141: 000000000008cf10 11 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_lchown@FBSD_1.0 (2) 165: 000000000008c0a0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 __sys_netbsd_msync 166: 000000000008c0a0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 _netbsd_msync 167: 000000000008c0a0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_msync 168: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 __sys_netbsd_lchown 169: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 _netbsd_lchown 170: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_lchown 2040: 000000000008cf10 11 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_lchown 2041: 000000000008cf10 11 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_msync
- Export under the correct versions.
- Spell enosys consistantly.
Wed, Jul 4
I don't understand why there isn't an exported symbol. I've got a:
Fri, Jun 29
$readelf -a ~/obj/home/bed22/git/freebsd/amd64.amd64/lib/libc/libc.so.7 | grep netbsd_lchown 168: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 __sys_netbsd_lchown 169: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 _netbsd_lchown 170: 000000000008c0e0 17 FUNC LOCAL DEFAULT 12 netbsd_lchown
- Fix a botched kptr_t change.
- Make kvaddr_t unsigned to match the defintion in kvm.h and remove the
Thu, Jun 28
This is a duplicate of D15936.
Wed, Jun 27
Tue, Jun 26
Looks good to me. I wonder if we also want to restore ibcs2's int return value?
That makes sense. If in fact nothing ever linked to it then we should just relegate it to the compat11 port and kill it along with gcc.
In terms of exposed symbols (see objdump -T), libssp definitely is a FORTIFY_SOURCE implementation. I've not looked at the code to avoid contamination in case we need a cleanroom one.
Mon, Jun 25
I don't see anything that's going to cause us obvious problems on BERI.
Fri, Jun 22
Wed, Jun 20
- Per discussion in the PR, truncate the host name to 15 bytes.
- Add the version of the compat stubs I ment to add.
- Add compat symbols returning ENOSYS.
Jun 18 2018
Jun 17 2018
- Use new ksize_t and kptr_t instead of (u)int64_t.
- Adjust some padding.
I think I've addressed @jhb's feedback now.
- Remove/cleanup casts.
- Remove code subsumed by exec_args_adjust_args. (needs further testing)
Jun 15 2018
LGTM. Doing the deprecation notice in the manpage seems like a good idea, but won't effect this review.
I just discover that libc exported these syscalls. Technically this change is an impermissible ABI break, but there isn't any valid way to the the published API to link to those symbols so I think that's ok. If it's not, I can add trivial stubs for netbsd_lchown() and netbsd_msync() that just call the respective __sys_*.
- Don't export *netbsd_* symbols.
- Use AUE_NULL for removed netbsd syscalls.
Jun 14 2018
- Fix typo.
- Update UPDATING date and __FreeBSD_version
- GC a pointless printf.
Jun 12 2018
Thanks for the fix!
Jun 10 2018
Jun 9 2018
This looks fine for FreeBSD.
Jun 8 2018
- Rebase on top of new return.
Jun 5 2018
Jun 1 2018
- Don't export unused __sys_exit symbol.
- Update compat/freebsd32/capabilities.conf.
- Update capabilities.conf.
- Use sys_break in linux compat.
- Handle freebsd32 and ibcs.
May 31 2018
I'm starting a sweep through syscalls.master and attempting to reduce the use of alternative function and argument names as well as return types. My hope is to eliminate the need for them, but I'm working on it as a background task so doing them one at a time.
May 30 2018
- Remove a nonsensical assert.
Anyone on transport care about this?