- User Since
- Jan 4 2016, 7:08 PM (179 w, 6 d)
Wed, Jun 5
ixlv: Use old implementation of _msec_pause for reset flow to avoid panic.
Fri, May 24
Changes in Netmap support for ixl caused that ixlv cannot be loaded when built as KLD. Move ixl specific Netmap includes from ixl_txrx.c file, which is shared by ixl and ixlv, to ixl_pf_main.c which is used only by ixl.
Mon, May 20
May 17 2019
Feb 28 2019
Jan 28 2019
This limitation came from our out-of-tree driver, where we had to keep backwards compatibility, but there is no reason to keep it in the in-kernel version. Thanks Vincenzo for the patch. It looks good to me but let's wait for Eric to have a look too.
Jan 11 2019
Dec 11 2018
Nov 7 2018
@shurd - Turns out you've been faster. We've been working one this bug too. Our plan was to do it this way:
Oct 24 2018
@shurd Thanks! That makes more sense than my version. I can't reproduce the ixl panic on my machine but Iets wait for an official verification by Jeff's team.
Oct 19 2018
- Add iflib_in_detach check to iflib_intr_iov_deferred as sugested by Stephen.
Oct 17 2018
Oct 16 2018
- STATE_UNLOCK moved to address Stephen's comment.
Oct 11 2018
Adding dependency on D16428 didn't worked as planned :/ Changes are included in diff. I'll try to fix that later.
- Calling gtaskqueue_drain moved to taskqgroup_detach
- Added condition to iflib_admin_intr_deferred to prevent rescheduling task during detach
Oct 8 2018
Oct 4 2018
Jun 6 2018
- ixl/ixlv: Reset head writeback value on TX ring init
May 30 2018
- ixl(4): Re-add descriptor writeback TX completion as optionable tunable
- Merge branch 'master' into ixl-iflib
- Merge commit 'fa5413e897294cb6a74d75e7317c5dbeb42e185c' into ixl-iflib
- ixl(4): Remove unused variables, macros, and comments
- ixl(4): Replace some numbers with constants
- Merge upstream FreeBSD branch 'master' into ixl-iflib
- ixl(4): Fix typo in sysctl help message
- ixl(4): Edit whitespace and a function comment
- ixl(4): Remove a debug printf()
- ixl(4): Remove a couple old functions and prototypes
- ixl(4): Remove unused variables from PF struct
- ixl(4): Add two new I2C access methods
- ixl(4): Actually increment TSO stat counter
- ixl(4): Set some iflib flags and a fied to correct values
- ixl(4): Stop reading header length value from RX descriptor
- ixl(4): Fix and move an assert in the RX path
- ixl(4): Enhance add/remove macvlan error reporting
- ixl(4): Edit spacing and remove old comments
- ixl(4): Fix queue allocation bug
- ixl(4): Replace bsrl() with the architecture-independent fls()
- ixl(4): Remove redundant MAC type / FW version check
- ixl(4): Copy a couple things from Linux's RCTX setup
- Merge branch 'intel-wired-ethernet/master' into ixl-iflib
- iflib: Fix memory leak when TX packet defrag finally fails
- ixl(4): Move function to where VF driver can use it
- ixl(4): Remove unused function definitions and declarations
- ixl(4): Remove hard link check in ixl_if_media_status
- Merge freebsd/freebsd branch 'master' into ixl-iflib
- ixl(4): Change ixl_tso_detect_sparse()
- ixl(4): Edit debug i2c sysctl help messages
- ixl(4): Add debug sysctl to read some diagnostic data from i2c
- ixl(4): Remove unnecessary SYSCTL_OUT from previous commit
- ixl(4): Return an error when debug i2c diag sysctl encounters one
- ixl(4): Fix error handling during attach process
- Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into ixl-iflib
- ixl(4): Simplify ixl_find_filter()
- ixl(4): Temporarily stop initializing SR-IOV support
- ixl(4): Add driver version number to end of device description string
- ixl(4): Get rid of unused tunables.
- ixl(4): Initial implementation of driver private ioctl
- ixl(4): Fix driver setup after receiving reset interrupt from HW
- iflib: Add new shared flag to iflib IFLIB_ADMIN_ALWAYS_RUN
- ixl(4): Remove VSI allocation message after device reset
- ixl: Rename function to better reflect purpose
- Merge freebsd/freebsd branch 'master' into ixl-iflib
- Merge freebsd/freebsd branch 'master' into ixl-iflib (2018-05-30)
Apr 27 2018
- Deduplicate queue hang detection code and use same method in PF and VF drivers. Fixes kernel panic on VF with TCP bi-directional traffic.
Apr 24 2018
- Queue hang detection refactored to prevent kernel panic
- Version bumped to 1.9.9 to align with out-of-tree driver
Apr 20 2018
Apr 16 2018
- Patch rebased on top of HEAD.
- Fixed panic reported for TCP BX traffic.
Apr 6 2018
Feb 9 2018
Jan 23 2018
Rebased on top of HEAD with erj@ patch for ixv_if_init (r328365)
Jan 12 2018
Dec 5 2017
- Rebased on top of HEAD
- ixgbe(4): Set proper max number of queues.
Dec 1 2017
Without witness it panics too:
Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode cpuid = 42; apic id = 38 instruction pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff80cb4c31 stack pointer = 0x28:0xfffffe010b7ed030 frame pointer = 0x28:0xfffffe010b7ed050 code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1 processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0 current process = 1117 (kldload)
Nov 30 2017
Nov 20 2017
Nov 13 2017
Oct 6 2017
- Rebased on top of D12496
- Prevent attach to complete if legacy interrupts are configured
on devices which do not support this mode.
Aug 14 2017
Jul 27 2017
Proper fix for segments accounting in iflib_busdma_load_mbuf_sg.
Jul 6 2017
Jul 5 2017
@olivier - Could you tell me what tools do you use? I'd like to check if forwarding performance on other HW is also affected.
Jul 4 2017
Jun 29 2017
First (failed) attempt to update diff with arc.
Proper size used for TSO.
Jun 27 2017
Mar 22 2017
The function ixgbe_intr used in if_txrx struct filled in ix_txrx.c is defined in if_ix.c but ix_txrx.c is used in both ix and ixv drivers so ixv build as KLD cannot be loaded.