- User Since
- May 27 2014, 9:32 AM (443 w, 5 d)
Sat, Nov 26
Mon, Nov 21
Fri, Nov 11
Tue, Nov 8
Thu, Nov 3
Tue, Nov 1
Address the comments.
Mon, Oct 31
Oct 24 2022
Oct 19 2022
@dchagin: want to commit it, or should I do do it?
Oct 18 2022
Thank you for providing the updated version w/ rib_walk!
Looks good to me, please see some minor comments inline. Once addressed, it should be good to land.
Oct 17 2022
Oct 16 2022
Checking that vnet is not dying is the right thing - once vnet is destroyed you should get the interface back. I’d prefer to have this logic in the test instead of a random sleep.
If this fails (on current head) I can take a look in a ~week time
Oct 15 2022
Oct 3 2022
Oct 2 2022
Oct 1 2022
Sep 30 2022
Address the remaining manpage comments.
Address emaste@ manpage comments.
- Use STAILQ mbuf macros in nl_io_queue
- Update man pages to reflect the comments
Sep 29 2022
I’m going to commit this tomorrow, Friday 30, unless there are any objections
Update headers to reflect the comments.
Their "Full Copyright Statement" states that it can be used freely provided their copyright statement has to be included: "provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
included on all such copies and derivative works". I've updated `netlink/netlink.h` to include this header. Does it look right to you?
Address header files feedback.
- Add basic support for NETLINK_GET_STRICT_CHK
- Fix getsockopt() for NETLINK_CAP_ACK / NETLINK_EXT_ACK
- Move interface creation logic to the iface_drivers.c
- Fix manpage lint errors
Sep 28 2022
Thank you for the feedback!
Indeed, I should have included the proposal for the physical interfaces.
The primary goal of this change in general is to replace the current mechanism. I'm currently thinking of the following:
- Slightly re-purpose if_reassign() to perform the same function as vmove_f handler (potentially even use if_reassign() directly even for cloned interfaces)
- Write the handlers for the "relevant" (e.g. modern, likely to be used in routers/cloud setups) interfaces such as vnet/iflib/mellanox/chelsio
- Add a deprecation warning with a wiki link, specifying how to report it, to the current cloning method
- Wait for a couple of months and remove the current cloning method
Abort in favour of D36746
- Add custom SO_RCVBUF handler
- Sync to the recent HEAD
- Add manpage for netlink(4) and a manpage draft for rtnetlink(4).
Sep 27 2022
Sep 26 2022
Sep 24 2022
Sep 22 2022
Sep 21 2022
Sep 20 2022