- User Since
- Jan 27 2015, 7:34 PM (155 w, 3 h)
Thu, Jan 11
The changes to the Intel ethernet drivers look fine to me.
Is this going to be MFC'd into stable/10 and/or stable/11?
Wed, Jan 10
Why didn't they just call it calloc()? To follow the malloc()/free() pattern?
Thu, Jan 4
Wed, Jan 3
Tue, Jan 2
We don't have anything for the Ice Lake hardware, but the Cannon Lake stuff looks like it's good.
Thu, Dec 21
Wed, Dec 20
Dec 5 2017
Nov 28 2017
Oct 17 2017
I'm working on this on a github branch here:
Sep 23 2017
Aug 24 2017
I guess formally recognize the current state the patch is in.
Aug 22 2017
Can we also get a description of what this fixes, for future reference?
Aug 11 2017
Aug 7 2017
Jul 31 2017
Jul 27 2017
@sbruno - I think Bartosz needed an update to the in-kernel ixl(4) for this to work properly.
Jul 24 2017
Jul 13 2017
With the answer from @sbruno, I approve of the change to em(4).
This should be abandoned, right?
This probably needs to be regenerated right? Or is it going to be dropped due to the upcoming conversion to iflib?
There's still only one entry before the patch. But this looks more correct.
Jul 12 2017
@rlibby , after reading the linked bug report, I think it would be a good idea to go the extern route. Could you regenerate the patch and define ixl_bcast_addr and ixl_fc_string in ixl_pf_main.c? (The latter would only ever get used in the PF driver; only the PF driver uses the former). Or just commit everything but the changes to those two, and I could make those changes.
Is gcc requiring the additional const keywords?
Jul 11 2017
Jul 8 2017
Jul 5 2017
Jun 27 2017
I should add that we're going to update the ixl(4) driver soon because as @bartosz.sobczak_intel.com mentioned, it will fix a crash.
Jun 21 2017
Jun 10 2017
May 16 2017
May 15 2017
May 10 2017
I've decided against bumping the FreeBSD version number -- there aren't very many defines added here, so adding #ifdef's isn't too big of a deal.
May 9 2017
May 2 2017
Apr 27 2017
- Add NOINTEL config file for testing
- iflib: Update with style(9) fixes.
- ixl(4): Begin process of converting ixl(4) to use iflib.
- ixl: Copy over final bits of D5214 diff, possibly break some stuff.
- ixl: Add more files.
- ixl(4): Fix a lot of compile errors
- ixl: ixl pf driver seems to compile ok now
- Mostly compiles; start to remove legacy code...
- ixl(4): Driver is iflib-only; compiles but causes kernel panic at attach.
- ixl(4): PF driver compiles and ping works.
- ixl(4): Remove comments; make queue interrupts RX-caused only
- ixl(4): Edit comments
- ixl: Get rid of files accidentally re-added during rebase.
- ixl: Fix compile error
- ixlv: Start converting driver
- ixl: Update to 1.7.12; fix compile.
- ixl: Change name to 700 series from just 7
- ixlv: Convert more of driver
- ixlv: VF driver still not fully converted, but now compiling
- ixl: Bug fixes; label formatting in iflib
- ixl: Fix bug where tx would stop working after ifconfig down && up
- ixl: Random changes
- ixl: Somehow fixed weird TXQ 0 bug supposedly fixed a couple commits ago
- ixl: Change TODO comment from question to must-do
- ixl: Start changes to support HW TX interrupts in iflib (like in legacy driver)
- ixl: Fixes to get ixl building again, after iflib update.
- ixl: Remove various comments and printfs
- ixl: Updates.
- ixl: Update reset handling; make some iflib functions non-static.
Apr 19 2017
I kind of want to bump __FreeBSD_version to make it easier for our drivers to see if there's support for these new media types.
Apr 13 2017
@sbruno is it ok to remove "first" in igb_txrx.c? It looks like it might be a leftover from the pre-iflib converted version of the driver, but I don't know if it was intended to be used for something in the current version.
Mar 24 2017
Mar 17 2017
Mar 16 2017
Mar 15 2017
Mar 13 2017
Better to MFC to 1.7.12 now...
Mar 8 2017
Feb 16 2017
Feb 15 2017
ixl: Get rid of files accidentally re-added during rebase.
Convert ixl-1.6.6-k (or at least the PF-non-IOV driver) to iflib
Jan 19 2017
Jan 18 2017
I'm going to wait for Jeff's team to give the okay before I commit it. I don't want to break more than I have to. :v
- Add opt_ixl.h to ixlv Makefile for build
- Add comment describing IXL_IW to GENERIC config
- Default to disabling the iWARP client interface by setting tunable to 0
Jan 13 2017
Jan 4 2017
I can attempt to update the iflib version of ixl with what he have internally, but would it be a better idea to base it off what's in the iflib version of ixgbe right now (D5213)?
This matches the existing method for accessing fields in the rest of the if_t api, so I'm okay with it.
Nov 7 2016
I was late to commenting on it, but it looked fine to me. It looks like it's similar to the ixgbe code.
Oct 19 2016
I agree with @emaste's request for a comment.
Sep 14 2016
Sep 7 2016
Sep 6 2016
Do arc command from repository root.
I don't think the changelist looks right; this is supposed to apply to stable/10 and have mergeinfo, I think...