- User Since
- Jan 7 2019, 7:21 PM (40 w, 1 d)
- Merge branch 'master'
Wed, Oct 9
Tue, Oct 8
Tue, Oct 1
- make kvatop handle dpcpu/vnet addresses properly
[PPC64] libkvm minidump refactoring
Fri, Sep 27
- Avoid unnecessary page table copy
- dump_pmap_init() is now implemented only in moea64
- Add mmu_name field to minidump header
- Move dump_pmap_init() to moea64
- Refactor dump_pmap() to allow copy elision
Sep 13 2019
- [PPC64] Handle relocated kernels properly
- Merge branch 'master' into luporl-crashdump-libkvm
- Added startkernel, endkernel to minidump header
Sep 10 2019
- Separate elf_common.h change
- Change R_PPC64_IRELATIVE to R_PPC_IRELATIVE in code
- Address reviews' comments
- Address jhibbits comments and add missing UMA bits
Sep 6 2019
Sep 5 2019
Sep 4 2019
I'm not that familiar with this code, but overall the change looks good and seem to preserve the behavior of previous version, except for the part in the following comment.
Aug 19 2019
Looks good to me.
I agree with @jhibbits: cas.c shouldn't be built for powerpc32, only powerpc64, but the change is OK.
Aug 12 2019
Aug 8 2019
@jhibbits, this last change addresses your last comment (moving VSX code to _vsx.S files) and also adds ifunc support.
[PPC64] Optimize bcopy/memcpy/memmove
Aug 5 2019
Commandeering to address issues and use ifunc to decide whether VSX should be used.
- Use ifunc to choose best implementation based on running system
Taking over to add ifunc support, which will make it possible to have the optimized strcpy version and avoid breaking POWER5 and earlier.
Aug 2 2019
- [PPC64] strncpy - fix rtld crash
Aug 1 2019
Jul 31 2019
- [PPC64] strncpy - fix rtld-libc build issue
This last change fixes the previous "dst not always zeroed" issue and adds ifunc support to strncpy, so that the optimized version is selected on ISAs >= 2.05 while others can use the fallback implementation in C.
- [PPC64] strncpy - fix 'dst' not zeroed issue
- Initial ifunc capable strncpy implementation
Jul 30 2019
- Add missing space
Now the merge result should match the behavior seen in upstream.
- Match upstream behavior
Jul 29 2019
I guess it is ok now.
- Fix merge issues
Jul 25 2019
Jul 24 2019
- Addressed jhibbits' comments
Jul 23 2019
Jul 19 2019
- Fix cross build detection
- Refactored LIB32LD detection code
- Avoid using short form of -fuse-ld, that avoids issues with native builds and picking up a newer ld in PATH
- Using COMPILER_TYPE instead of LINKER_TYPE in stand/defs.mk, as an installed /usr/local/bin/ld pointing to ld.bfd can confuse LINKER_TYPE detection in this case.
- Aborting if LIB32LD is not defined when building stand. This will tipically happen when trying to build stand alone and without performing a 'make buildenv' first
Jul 17 2019
I've posted a previous diff over an already patched file, that temporarily screwed the patch/history.
- [PPC64] Implement CAS
- Skip CAS if PSL_HV bit is set on MSR
- Fix inverted tab/newline in asm
Skip CAS if PSL_HV bit is set on MSR
Jul 15 2019
I consider the strncpy implementation complete now.
Adding ifunc to select the optimized implementation, however, is still not possible, as rtld doesn't support it yet.
- Handled misalignment issues
- Improved implementation
- Now using memset() for faster zeroing of dst buffer
Jul 11 2019
Jul 10 2019
But I think MOEA64_STATS should become a kernel config option, to make it easier to enable the statistics and to have this option documented.
Jul 8 2019
Changed register convention.
Still need to investigate and fix the misaligned access issue.
- Use %r* instead of raw numbers for registers
- Addressed jhibbits' comments
Jul 4 2019
Jul 3 2019
- Address jhibbits comments