- User Since
- Oct 29 2015, 5:25 PM (138 w, 3 h)
Mon, Jun 18
Fri, Jun 15
I've spent some time thinking about this a bit, and I have the following comments. (Some may seem contradictory, but please bear with me. :-) )
Thu, Jun 14
Wed, Jun 13
Address @markj's feedback by always defining the vmd_kernel_rwx_arena member of the vm_domain struct.
Tue, Jun 12
Update the zone(9) manpage.
Mon, Jun 11
Okay, really without the cruft this time. (Hopefully...)
I'll try to look at this review this week.
Get the correct version of sys/vm/vm_kern.c (with the troubleshooting stuff removed).
- Address @alc's concerns by adding a new arena for allocations with non-standard permissions. Import a 2MB-aligned address block at a time into the arena. Release space back to the parent arena when able. But, only do this for architectures with superpages.
- Plumb M_EXEC through malloc(9).
- Fix BPF by reverting most of rS317072.
- Add a note to the manpage that not all architectures will enforce execution permissions.
This passes my "sniff test", but it would be better to get @pkelsey to review it.
I think there are more changes needed.
Fri, Jun 8
The submitter spoke to me in person at BSDCan and answered my questions.
Thu, Jun 7
Incorporate review feedback from @jhb.
I added a few basic comments while I ponder the rest...
Fri, Jun 1
I don't know ISA well. I'm open to switching this to be an option to always panic on any NMI, instead of picking NMI_TIMER2 for special treatment.
Thu, May 31
I'm sorry it took me so long to review this.
Thu, May 24
May 21 2018
Having stared at this a bit, I generally think its fine. In fact, in some aspects it is an improvement over what it replaces.
May 18 2018
By the way, measurements were taken on an Intel E5-2697A v4 (32-core Broadwell).
May 16 2018
May 13 2018
Sorry it took me a while to look at this. See comments in-line.
May 12 2018
May 11 2018
Given the fact that users appear to depend on this (we have two PRs on it), this appears to have been an unintended change in stable/11, and it seems to violate POLA by making this change on a stable branch, I intend to commit this today unless someone objects.
May 10 2018
@glebius : Any progress on reviewing this? IIRC, you didn't like overloading the SS_ISDISCONNECTED flag to indicate listen sockets that were shutdown. Do you have an alternate proposal?
Is everyone OK with this going in? Or, to ask it differently, is anyone not OK? The 11.2 release is underway, so it would be good to get this in soon, if we agree to fix it in stable/11.
May 9 2018
BTW, it looks like this was introduced in r331214. Since it is so new, my "not widely used" comment is probably both true and somewhat irrelevant.
May 8 2018
May 7 2018
How does this interact with the low-latency, high-precision timestamp option being discussed at the IETF?
Apr 27 2018
Apr 25 2018
Apr 24 2018
Apr 23 2018
Apr 21 2018
Apr 20 2018
If we're going to get this into 11.2, it would be nice if someone reviewed this soonish.
Apr 11 2018
Looks good. Please check on two things before committing:
- I don't see a svn:keywords property change for head/share/pgpkeys/thj.key. I expected to see one, although this could just be a Phabricator display issue. Can you confirm you've followed the instructions in the Note at the start of 5.3.7 of the Committer's Guide ("Adding and Removing Files")? If not, please do so and then svn remove and svn add the file again. You can check that the property was correctly applied by running this command: svn propget svn:keywords thj.key. You should see FreeBSD=%H.
- Please check on the indentation in news.xml. (See in-line note.)
Apr 10 2018
See nits inline.