- User Since
- Jun 3 2017, 8:47 AM (141 w, 5 d)
Wed, Feb 12
Only 12.1+ is supported.
Tue, Feb 11
I recommend to disable USB backend by default and leave it as build-time option as it is not completed yet and interferes with existing USB drivers.
Dec 25 2019
Dec 23 2019
Dec 22 2019
Dec 21 2019
Dec 19 2019
I don't think that Assistant key should be mapped to KEY_RIGHTMETA for following reasons:
- It is not really a meta key as it does not affect other key meanings like Shift, Alt, Ctrl and Win keys do.
- According to https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-6.html, scancode of 0x58 prefixed with 0xE0 is emitted by pressing of Fn+F12 keys on Logitech and Microsoft keyboards so the best matching evdev event would be KEY_FN_F12.
Dec 10 2019
Dec 3 2019
Nov 24 2019
Nov 23 2019
Nov 4 2019
Nov 3 2019
Oct 27 2019
- Clock registers values are calculated based on I2C protocol timing constraints and IC parameters taken from LPSS driver. Latter are still kind of magic numbers, but they are physical parameters at least.
- Interrupt handler is filter based now.
Oct 14 2019
Oct 7 2019
This driver still has some advantages over mine. It supports 12.0-release, sysmouse(8) protocol and it does not require ig4 patching. So, I would prefer it for non-HID trackpads like some Synaptics models. Al least for now.
Sep 29 2019
Sep 15 2019
Sep 12 2019
Sep 9 2019
Aug 23 2019
iichid device is a child of acpi bus also, so it can be rephrased as "how to get the acpi stuff to automatically add acpi device with given CID"
(3) How to cope with resume and resets not being quite right for the ig4.
It is not clear which reset is mentioned:
- IG4 controller reset (set designware specific parameters like timing counters and so on)
- iicbus reset - FIFO flushing, setting of symbol speed and slave address
- I2C hid device reset - performed with special I2C command
If it is mentioned in context of @johalun suspend/resume patch, then most probably it misses iicbus reset as it is performed by ig4 driver in a lazy way at a start of next xfer. sc->slave_valid bool variable should be reset to trigger it and I do not see that in @johalun resume method.
Would we make better progress with we split those three issues up into their own reviews?
Aug 18 2019
Aug 14 2019
Finally, I made separate small kernel module ng_ubt_intel which shares object file with ng_ubt.
It inherits device methods from ng_ubt while overriding it's probe() method.
That allows move vendor-specific code out of ng_ubt and avoid code duplication the same time.
Firmware is still downloaded with libusb as I don't see any benefits from moving one-shot driver to kernelspace.
Aug 12 2019
I wrote iicbus(4) extension which performs ACPI-based enumeration of I2C devices connected to a controller. It is not limited to HID devices and fires at iicbus attach stage.
Jul 30 2019
Jul 29 2019
Jul 28 2019
Jul 27 2019
Jul 25 2019
Jul 22 2019
I enabled debugging output in imt.c so please:
Jul 21 2019
I fixed one bug, so try one more time
it generates nothing with libinput debug-events, and no events in xev.
libinput debug-events is not the right tool to debug evdev. evemu-record from devel/evemu port is better
That is expected as it ignored any touchpads
Jul 19 2019
just unpack it at your $HOME. Than
make && sudo kldload ./iichid.ko
leaving all other modules built from the source of this thread?
drivers from this review should be at least unloaded from kernel. There is no need to revert D16698 patch. Just don't try to kldload both modules in between reboots.
Should I remove evdev support from the kernel?
No need. It links with evdev unconditionally
Can you please share your xorg configuration?
I do not have any specific xorg.conf options. Any evdev-awared autoconfiguration backend should work out of box. See https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=196678 for example.
Jul 18 2019
OS driver or userland applications just do not have enough information as finger coords or count to support doublefinger scroll or multifinger taps.
I wrote a simple util to dump report descriptor from I2C HID device.
It accepts 3 input parameters: iic device path, i2c bus address and i2c HID register and prints report descriptor of given I2C device on stdout. This report descriptor can be further analyzed with any tool (e.g. web-based http://eleccelerator.com/usbdescreqparser/) to examine HID device capabilities.