- This function no longer disables interrupts
- MLINK to reboot.9
- Document rebooting variable
- The mentions of autoconfiguration is more about shutdown_nice(), coming in the next commit.
- Describe the RB_* flags relevant to this function
- Describe behaviour when shutdown hooks fail the reset
- Describe expected execution contexts
- Add FF copyright
- xref panic(9)
- xref this page in reboot(2)
Might want to define what "Halt the system in-place" means.
The existing wording -- if a NO flag is not set -- is not very clear. Perhaps something like this instead:
Unless the .Dv RB_NOSYNC flag is set in .Fa howto , sync and unmount the system's disks by calling .Xr vfs_unmountall 9 .
is not set