- User Since
- Sep 2 2014, 10:55 PM (354 w, 5 d)
Thu, Jun 3
Let me know more about the CDCE_IND_SIZE_MAX constant.
May 4 2021
No, this needs to be updated to the new website.
Apr 21 2021
Apr 15 2021
Apr 13 2021
Looking at the comment in the original commit:
# TODO: Figure out where this should really be ordered. # I suspect it should go just after fsck but before mountcritlocal # but it's hard to tell for sure because of the bug described # below.
Apr 6 2021
Mar 16 2021
the phrase "This file derived from" has no history in our tree, I'd prefer the phrase I proposed.
Mar 15 2021
Mar 6 2021
Ok, the results from an arm64 run (A53, Pine64 A64-LTS).
Mar 3 2021
Mar 2 2021
strlen tests pass:
freebsd@test:/usr/tests $ kyua test lib/libc/string/strlen_test lib/libc/string/strlen_test:strlen_basic -> passed [0.004s] lib/libc/string/strlen_test:strlen_huge -> passed [0.027s] lib/libc/string/strlen_test:strnlen_basic -> passed [0.004s]
- address brooks's comments,
style(9) uses \0 exclusively, so I guess I'll change.
- use a more common spelling of NUL...
Attached is a set of benchmarks. First number is chunk size, second number is number of 0's in the string that is sscanf'd.
Bench (results from an amd64, AMD PRO A10-8770E, 2.8GHz):
The strnlen will be committed as a separate commit, likely before this change, as this change depends upon it for performance.
Feb 17 2021
As "more" correct term was never provided, and phk also didn't like this change, no point in keeping this open.
I have no plans to work on this in the future. Someone else is free to take this over and get it committed.
Jan 21 2021
I know this was closed and committed, but I want to get some more discussion on this.
Jan 19 2021
Dec 13 2020
Dec 10 2020
Dec 1 2020
Nov 19 2020
can't say how correct this is, but it'll be great to have it fixed!
Nov 6 2020
Yes, can we please get this committed ASAP? I just spent some time debugging this problem. (Other solution would be for base not to read /etc/make.conf, but I have a feeling this commit is more likely.)
Nov 4 2020
Oct 26 2020
Oct 8 2020
- minor spelling and grammar fixups. (was originally included)
- revert this change... (release.sh)
- remove whitespace at end of the copyright lines..
I am planning on committing 1 and 2 individually.
Oct 6 2020
Sep 15 2020
Sep 14 2020
Sep 12 2020
Might I suggest that you enable NetBSD's cp tests, and add necessary tests to prevent this breakage again?
Sep 11 2020
Sep 8 2020
minor update to include some new register definitions.. unused for now..
Sep 4 2020
don't overwrite the RCR register, keep some bits set. This gets
MTU up to 4096 - mumble working w/o my devices crashing...
Sep 2 2020
Sep 1 2020
move some debug prints to before the error...
Aug 11 2020
Aug 10 2020
Thanks for committing this. I've run the patch for a while, and it solves my panic, and didn't introduce any others.
Jul 30 2020
commited in https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS363683
Jul 29 2020
didn't complain about missing file on command line, that being
rp's module dir..
forgot to remove from files..
too smart w/ command line, include the rest of the files..
Jul 27 2020
I'll wait to get a few more reports of tests before committing..
ok, these should address all of your comments.
update to address hselasky's comments.
make it relative to HEAD.. Post white space commit..
Jul 25 2020
Jul 24 2020
Jul 23 2020
I'm going to commit the change (which the grammar fix) in the next day or two if I don't get any more feedback.
Jul 17 2020
@freqlabs let ms know if you just want to integrate this into the OpenZFS update, or what.
Looks fine. You should look at unrolling the loop to 3 or 4 rounds. Looking at the A72 optimization guide, it shows that there is a 3 cycle latency, but throughput of 1. Section 4.10 gives example showing three pairs to achieve max perf.
Jul 16 2020
Looks good to me. I'm adding ngie as they did the port to Python 3. I have not run and verified that this works under Python 3, but fully support the move to 3.
Jun 7 2020
Jun 6 2020
I took Daniel O'Connor's script from: https://email@example.com/msg14258.html
May 24 2020
a later diff has addressed these comments.
these should not have been marked done. Why phab did this I have no clue. Maybe they think that if you update a patch you address all of your comments, but that is a TERRIBLE assumption to make.
update with comments from manu