This commit isn't staged in a tree.
Wed, Apr 14
Tue, Apr 13
I'm able to boot a Windows guest without -w by applying this patch.
Mon, Apr 12
- Use IA32_FEATURE_CONTROL_LOCK define
Fri, Apr 9
Mon, Mar 29
Fri, Mar 19
I'm going to rebase this patch soon.
Mar 16 2021
- Rebase onto main
- It's possible to load a Video-BIOS from a file now
Feb 1 2021
Jan 25 2021
- fix compiling
Jan 22 2021
- Works with new OVMF (see D27230) now
Jan 18 2021
- Rebase onto 13-CURRENT
Jan 14 2021
- Use new UEFI provided by D27230
Jan 6 2021
- Revert rS367606 "bhyve: avoid allocating BARs above the end of supported physical addresses."
The alignment depends on gUefiOvmfPkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdPciMmio64Size which is set in BhyveX64.dsc. On my system with 4 GB of RAM, it's set to 32 GB:
GetFirstNonAddress: Pci64Base=0x800000000 Pci64Size=0x800000000
Jan 5 2021
Jan 4 2021
GCD map depends on gUefiOvmfPkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdPciMmio64Base and gUefiOvmfPkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdPciMmio64Size which are set at OvmfPkg/Bhyve/PlatformPei/MemDetect.c (GetFirstNonAddress):
Dec 16 2020
On my system this EFI version will fail, if a 64-bit BAR above 4 GB is used. GCD-Memory doesn't covers the MMIO-Space above 4 GB:
Dec 4 2020
- Implement GVT-d emulation as passthru device.
- Include D24066 for easier testing (will be removed as soon as it's merged)
Are there any technical limitations that make this specific to AMD GPU?
Dec 3 2020
Nov 18 2020
Nov 17 2020
Fix code style of comments
Nov 16 2020
Oct 15 2020
Oct 13 2020
Oct 7 2020
The work is at https://www.gulbra.net/freebsd-bhyve/
You'd need to extract the PCI ROM BIOS support. I can help or even do that.
- Reuse D24066
Oct 5 2020
Generic PCI ROM BIOS support in EFI might be a better solution for this (there is a version posted in the vga-bios patches a while back), with ROM extraction being a separate issue.
Sep 25 2020
- Use an own device emulation for GVT-d
- Do not modify the current implementation of passthru devices
Sep 22 2020
- Do not patch cfgread and cfgwrite of passthru devices:
The device emulation functions are shared by every passthru device.
If igd emulationen patches it's cfgread and cfgwrite functions, it will be changed for every passthru device too.
To avoid this, add a passthru_type to decide which function to take.
Sep 21 2020
Sep 14 2020
Add copyright header to new file "pci_igd_lpc.c"
Sep 11 2020
- register_bar and unregister_bar functions doesn't handle MSI-X BAR properly
Sep 9 2020
Sep 8 2020
Thank's for your feedback.
Glad to hear that it works on your system.
Sep 4 2020
Thanks for your detailed description.
I want to test this patch. Currently, I am using a Lenovo M920Q with i5 8400T, 16G RAM, and 2 SSDs.
What is PM support? I cannot find anything similar in BIOS settings.
Sep 3 2020
- Use PCI-MMIO-Space (0xC0000000 - 0xE0000000) for allocation of Opregion and Graphics Stolen Memory
- Increase size of Opregion to 16 kB
- Detect size of Graphics Stolen Memory
Aug 27 2020
The Intel ACRN edk2 fork has a GVT GOP driver that may be suitablehttps://github.com/projectacrn/acrn-edk2/tree/ovmf-acrn/OvmfPkg/GvtGopDxe