After five months of waiting, I'm desperately trying make this patch happen.
All credit for the original work goes to @prj_rootwyrm.com of course.
- not changing the ownership because that would be weird if I'm submitting the patch
- add a patch to replace /usr/share with /usr/local/share
- remove the --quiet flag from cert-sync as this also suppresses error reporting which can lead to mysterious TLS errors later on in case it failed
And as requested in the most recent comment:
- update the aarch64-btls patch
- add pkg-plist.powerpc
- move options
- remove the iconv dependency
Tagged reviewers and some subscribers from the D23300. Apologies if I messed up, I'm not very familiar with Phabricator.