- User Since
- Jun 12 2018, 3:15 AM (170 w, 6 d)
Thu, Sep 16
Since the "serial" taken from the configuration is directly copied to become the virtio-blk device's ident, should we call this "ident" simply? Looks good to me otherwise.
Tue, Sep 14
Mon, Sep 13
Thanks mav@ for pointing this mistake out.
Sun, Sep 12
Sat, Sep 11
Wed, Sep 8
- MD_AUTOUNMAP -> MD_MUSTDEALLOC
- Clarifications on behavior regarding with/without the flag
- Sort the options over the code and manpage
Mon, Sep 6
Sun, Sep 5
Fri, Sep 3
Thu, Sep 2
Wed, Sep 1
- ternary instead.
vn_deallocate_impl takes three kinds of cred so it's the caller to decide which cred to pass to the VOP call. Suggested by kib@.
My change to ctl(4) which translate UNMAP to VOP_DEALLOCATE for file-backed LUNS also calls vn_deallocate().
The upper 16bit of ioflag is used to pass internal flag to vn_deallocate_impl.
Tue, Aug 31
Mon, Aug 30
Thanks for your contribution!
- Use vn_deallocate_args to pass around most of the args to vn_deallocate_impl.
- Comment vn_deallocate(9)'s active_cred/file_cred preference.
Sun, Aug 29
Make such change specific to vn_deallocate instead.
Just checked the behavior of .fo_read/.fo_write.
Fri, Aug 27
Do not call maybe_yield if there is any error
Thu, Aug 26
Wed, Aug 25
- KASSERT message changes
- KASSERT node type be VREG in tmpfs_reg_punch_hole
- Remove the MPASS(VOP_ISLOCKED(vp)) from tmpfs_deallocate. This is guarded by ASSERT_VOP_LOCKED already.
Cleanups suggested by kib@
One thing to note, it might be good to periodically do maybe_yield when looping the call so that it won't early return when should_yield() in the default implementation is hit.
The VOP_DEALLOCATE bits look good to me.
This should play better with the nfs_deallocate implementation in NFS4.2 client module.