devel/valgrind-devel: update to Paul Floyd's FreeBSD valgrind branch This branch rebases us forward to Valgrind 3.17.0, incredibly current as of today. It also fixes a vast array of known issues, making valgrind-devel actually functional on 13.0-CURRENT and fixing most of the regression tests on clang/amd64. All patches previously in the port have been incorporated. There are still some open issues remaining: - https://github.com/paulfloyd/freebsd_valgrind/issues This port is believed to be largely functional enough to get wider testing. Many, many thanks to the excellent work of Paul Floyd to modernize our valgrind port.
- portlint (some pre-existing issues to address separately, some addressed here)
- testport (11.3/amd64, 12.1/i386, -CURRENT/amd64)
This is largely untested (at runtime) on 11.x, it would be good to get some testing there before commit as well. I've briefly tested it on -CURRENT/amd64 and Paul develops on 12.1/amd64.
I had a go at building, replacing valgrind-dev Makefile and distinfo. I got
fetch: https://codeload.github.com/paulfloyd/freebsd_valgrind/tar.gz/0511105?dummy=/paulfloyd-freebsd_valgrind-freebsd-3.17.0.g20200625-0511105_GH0.tar.gz: size of remote file is not known paulfloyd-freebsd_valgrind-freebsd-3.17.0.g202 14 MB 18 kBps 13m18s => Fetched file size mismatch (expected 15485736, actual 15408039)
The pkg-plist diffs look OK from a Valgrind pov.
I've put much more detailed regtest failure analysis here
- On FreeBSD 11, there's one testcase that hangs (one that uses a pthread condition variable that has been trashed). There are about 10 extra failures wrt 12.1, 3 need further investigation and 7 look harmless
- On FreeBSD 13 I get about 50 more failures. Many of these are issues with clang 10 and Valgrind reading debuginfo to get to variable names and source file/line.