- User Since
- May 15 2014, 7:48 PM (291 w, 1 d)
Mar 19 2019
Dec 29 2018
Dec 2 2018
Oct 29 2018
Tested on my 7,3. Thanks Michael!
Oct 4 2018
I have not tested it yet, back to 338xxx. Did you test on powerpc64? I assume you tested on your Mini, right?
If you have successfully ran some tests, ok with me.
Oct 3 2018
Oct 1 2018
Sep 25 2018
Sep 22 2018
May 17 2018
Apr 30 2018
This is the glue needed to build as a ko. If you add it to the KERNCONF file like 'device if_lan78xx # PI3b+ USB NIC' then you build it inline.
Apr 29 2018
Apr 17 2018
Mar 4 2018
Thanks for being invited to the review.
Well, I'm looking forward to a solution. I do not care in a first priority about POWER5+, it is broken anyway, genius iflib. But I can at least test the bring-up.
A more important priority is the G5 support. I'd need one and I'm willing to help.
For POWER8/9, others have to jump in.
Feb 26 2018
My 2c, the code builds and boots fine if I use the odroidc1.dts with the meson.dtsi before this revision: 324820. I try to give it a chance.
Jan 3 2018
Dec 15 2017
The patches look good so far, but I'd like to build a cc before I continue. Unfortunately -CURRENT is totally broken regarding PowerPC-G5. And this hunting consumed quite a lot of time. Sure, for your patch this is not needed, but _I_ need a reference if gcc bootstrap works on PowerPC.
Btw, does powerpcspe have multilib directions?
Nov 24 2017
config.gcc: please put the double ;; on a new line.
Oct 10 2017
Sep 30 2017
Aug 31 2017
Tested on both, 32-bit and 64-bit powerpc. With the below addition to the Makefile.
May 21 2017
Apr 8 2017
Apr 6 2017
Apr 5 2017
Feb 16 2017
Feb 14 2017
Aha, I have to choose the action :)
I tested on a dual G5 and on a quad G5, with load (gcc bootstrapping/kernel/world build). The revision was r313259. It looks stable now.
It was not possible to test on POWER5+ due to e1000 and friend commits not working on BE systems.
Jan 14 2017
Jan 11 2017
Jan 10 2017
Jun 13 2016
Jun 3 2016
May 1 2016
Jan 10 2016
Jan 9 2016
Jan 2 2016
Dec 22 2015
Dec 6 2015
Dec 4 2015
Nov 30 2015
Nov 15 2015
Nov 8 2015
Why did you allow to enable multilib for all archs on gcc4.9/gcc4.8? It is still a no-op for all archs beside powerpc64.
Nov 4 2015
Oct 30 2015
I tested on my side and it is fine so far. I'd like to have this in since I have a follow up for enable/disable java for powerpc64. And also, gcc-6.0 can not be bootstrapped with the default gcc (gcc-4.2.1). it needs at newer one which must be < 5.2. gcc-5.2 is broken when it comes to linking. I guess PIE support.
Oct 24 2015
Ok with me.
I often used to build with --disable-multilib to save time. But I usually have a lib32/libc.so. So if this test works, fine.
powerpc64 is the only target in FreeBSD land which has multilib support in gcc. For all other targets the --disable-multilib is a nop.
Jun 9 2015
May 1 2015
Jan 21 2015
Okey. POWER5+ is also happy. Awesome! Thanks
Now both, UP and SMP are working. Against -CURRENT after 277468 with diff 4, ID 3258.
Jan 20 2015
Ok, good. Then I did it right. I was confused why it still hangs. Thought it was my patch apply procedure. But this is ok I guess.
Nathan, hm. Do I do it right? I do 'Download Raw Diff', latest revision against base. Apply it to current and it still hangs after the second CPU got activated. uhub and iichb errors.
Current svn revision is: 277423
Jan 19 2015
I'm on 277392 now and I tried to create a patch between 3241 and 3254. This is not my tool.
UP boots fine. SMP hangs on ichb and uhub attach.
Oct 11 2014
The dash after freebsd, it must read arm*-*-freebsd*. Guess it's a c&p ;)
Oct 10 2014
Andrew, you're right.
Nevertheless, there is a typo: s/arm*-*-freebsd-*/arm*-*-freebsd*
I suggest to do the part of libstdc++-v3/configure.host this way:
Aug 29 2014
Late night comment....
Aug 14 2014
Have not much to say about my stuff except two things:
- the testsuite patch is not really needed. If you want to run the testsuite a few more bits are needed which are not yet committed. I usually run the testsuite to verify my changes. If I run towards zero failures I feel ready to prepare for commit. So the patch itself has had several successful test suite runs.