Which logs were replaced by dtrace-probes:
- Misc printf's under DEBUG macro in the blocks allocation path.
- Different on-disk structures validation errors, now the filesystem will silently return EIO's.
- Misc checksum errors, same as above.
The only debug macro, which was leaved is EXT2FS_PRINT_EXTENTS.
It is impossible to replace it by dtrace-probes, because the additional logic is required to walk thru file extents.
The user still be able to see mount errors in the dmesg in case of:
- Filesystem features incompatibility.
- Superblock checksum error.