Page MenuHomeFreeBSD

Fix several problems with mapping code in the mps(4) driver

Authored by slm on May 23 2017, 8:42 PM.



mav@ pointed out a problem with the mapping code in the mps driver where devices were not getting mapped due to no space available. After looking into this, I found multiple problems with the mapping code, so this turned into quite a big change. I plan on getting this into 11.1. I added a lot of comments which were missing so hopefully that helps in the review. I basically copied the changes that I did for mpr(4) over to mps(4). Refer to review #10861 for the mpr(4) changes.

Test Plan

I tested most everything using the mpr(4) driver instead of this mps(4) driver. But I did do some sanity checks to make sure some of the mapping was working as expected for mps(4).

Diff Detail

Lint Skipped
Unit Tests Skipped

Event Timeline

slm created this revision.May 23 2017, 8:42 PM
ken accepted this revision.May 23 2017, 9:02 PM

Looks good to me.


Usually you'll want to change the copyright to a range when a new year is added. 2016-2017 in this case.

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.May 23 2017, 9:02 PM
mav accepted this revision.May 23 2017, 9:52 PM

Thank you for working on this.

This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.