- User Since
- Aug 16 2016, 9:48 PM (139 w, 5 d)
Mar 11 2019
Mar 7 2019
Feb 19 2019
Feb 13 2019
Feb 6 2019
Aug 29 2018
- ARC don't rised, memory pressure does not arise, page daemon not activated.
The ARC is not growing after 8, but the ARC hit rate is too low. Why is it not growing? Is it because the free_memory < (arc_c >> arc_no_grow_shift) condition is true, or is there some other reason?
Aug 28 2018
Aug 23 2018
To be clear, I'm just stating that r332365 changed zfs_arc_free_target to be equal vm_cnt.v_free_target. It looks to me that this is equivalent to the change you made to arc_available_memory(EXCLUDE_ZONE_CACHE), where v_free_target is referenced directly.
Jun 18 2018
I have come to realise that there is another issue related to this, the default arc_max being wired ram that is not counted in max_wired means a default setup is allowed to wire more than the physical ram installed.
See my comment here for more explanation.
May 22 2018
Unified for -stable and current now
May 11 2018
Update to latest -STABLE changes
Sep 28 2017
Mar 18 2017
- Restore lost code
- Conrtol (by sysctl) draining per-CPU UMA cache
- Skip first draining UMA cache for case of enough memory in caches.
- Don't wait drained memory accounted as free. Stop daining if expect as enough.
Mar 5 2017
Fix userland compilation
Mar 4 2017
Generalize zone travers algorithm and do some optimization on cache reclaim (arc_kmem_reap_now() costly and call only as last resort)
Mar 2 2017
Optimize zone processing
per-CPU cache must be drained before zone drain
Mar 1 2017
fix typo again
- Check size of free items in zones (now eleminate false pressure to ARC by per-CPU zone cache)
- Do cleanup per-CPU zone cache after arc_kmem_reap_now() (immediatle available as free memory shrinked ARC cache)
Feb 14 2017
- there needs to be a very good explanation of why we would want to calculate needfree in the proposed fashion
Feb 13 2017
Oct 17 2016
I was testing this patch in 3 days.
No TCP related problems.
Oct 10 2016
I think imp also have reproduced this issue (https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2016-September/085518.html)
Also report Urmas Lett <email@example.com> (email to jch)
Aug 17 2016
Illumos update needfree by kmem susbsystem. On FreeBSD emulate this in next way: