- User Since
- May 18 2017, 8:41 AM (118 w, 1 d)
Thu, Aug 1
- integrate updated vCPU pause mechanism from @jhb that uses the VM debug components.
- separate BSP vCPU initialization from other vCPUs (do not initialize all vCPUs before starting the VM when not restoring; do not automatically grant UNRESTRICTED_GUEST capabilities to BSP)
- fix various coding errors, such as removing unused macros, using proper buffer size for snprintf and coding style
Jul 10 2019
- kick the guest threads out of vmrun when starting the pausing vCPUs.
- remove host registers from intel/vmx.c snapshot process (AMD registers have not been removed yet).
Jun 27 2019
Remove some irrelevant comments and unused functions
Jun 26 2019
I have applied the feedback @jhb gave, except for the #ifdef guards. Will work on it after rebasing with a newer master.
- rework vCPU pausing and resuming mechanism
- rewrite VM suspend procedure - do not resume VM and devices before exit
- add missing break clause in vmm_dev switch-case
- various minor coding style fixes pointed by @jhb
- remove unnecessary critical section nesting level check
Jun 10 2019
Jun 5 2019
Remove debug printfs from pci_ahci.c
Remove vLAPIC fields from snapshot procedure, if they are not required after a restore / can be computed from other fields.
Save vLAPIC's LAPIC page as part of vLAPIC snapshot procedure, instead of a separate data structure.
Rename variables / functions / macros used to snapshot guest to host memory mappings to make them more intuitive.
May 20 2019
Add minor fixes to snapshot logic:
- correct variable used as parameter for 'sizeof' in vatpic.c (the size was correct before, by coincidence)
- remove a comment that became irrelevant in the past in vhpet.c
- fix vLAPIC timer reset logic in the off-chance the timer would be periodic and a value of 0 is saved for the counter
Apr 9 2019
Mar 29 2019
Remove some unused code and fix style of comments
Mar 15 2019
- remove guest memory mapping device that is currently unused. The device was used to make snapshots faster by creating a separate Copy-on-Write mapping of the guest memory. This approach is not useful for guest suspends, and we may be able to avoid exporting it through a device even for snapshots (will be investigating that approach).
- remove some unused code
Mar 10 2019
Fix issues pointed by inline comments