Some points which may require clarification:
- Since XFCE moved to GTK3 as default toolkit, I changes the default USES keyword.
- The previous change is reflected in many ports. I bumped PORTREVISION on such ports if there was no new version, to be on the safe side.
- Upstream added back the places plugin, so I removed the old MOVED line and reintegrated the port (maintaining history)
- I take advantage of the update for some housekeeping. Sorting things and solving porltint warnings. I also removed some unneeded dependencies and clened up unneeded use of USE_GNOME=intlhack
- I added some PORTSCOUT lines to avoid getting notices to the mailing list for future 4.15 development releases.
- I'm deprecating two ports which are not needed annymore, due tu superceded functionality (xfce4-vala and thunar-vfs). The xfce4-vala port now conflicts with it's own dependency, since its functionality has been moved there.
- Some patches from upstream bug reports have been imported
- Patches to xfce4-settings and xfce4-wm set the default themes to new ones installed by defualt by the meta port to be nearer what xfce developers use and consider default. A pkg-message has been added to the xfce4-settings port describing the change.
- Regarding the meta ports, I've removed slim as the default display manager and replaced it with lightdm. I've also added xfce4-screensaver as the default screensaver tool.
I'd also like to thank Olivier Duchateau for his help with this update.