- User Since
- Aug 7 2014, 1:05 PM (218 w, 5 d)
Sat, Sep 29
@imp re the GENERIC linkage, note the original code only references GENERIC. However, a different location might be more appropriate, given this file is normally installed in /boot.
Wed, Sep 19
Given that there's no remote binary currently built, and that there's precedent for using .MADE, per https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=337928, this appears to be the best solution.
Tue, Sep 18
FWIW, since lib80211 does not have an MK_WIRELESS exclusion, I don't think it makes sense to require it, but I do think it makes sense to ship with that library instead of ifconfig.
Sep 16 2018
Sep 15 2018
Sep 13 2018
Sep 1 2018
Aug 30 2018
Aug 29 2018
Aug 22 2018
Aug 21 2018
It is not clear from the diff, does this change include deleting etc/defaults/* as well?
Aug 20 2018
Aug 19 2018
Aug 18 2018
@rgrimes A lot of your questions would be resolved by reviewing how CONFS works in share/mk/bsd.confs.mk and its dependencies.
This looks good to me.
Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.
Aug 17 2018
Aug 16 2018
Aug 15 2018
Aug 14 2018
Issues using LINKS, on cursory inspection.
Aug 4 2018
Aug 1 2018
Jul 29 2018
Jul 28 2018
- The purpose of this particular change is to move only those things that would move to sbin/init. (Answer to my earlier question.)
- You've tested this specific change. (I'm sure I've tested a similar version...)
- chpass is the program that implements chsh which modifies /etc/shells, so it makes sense to install with this program.
- However, one could, strictly speaking, choose not to install chpass on a system, either because it will never update the shells list, or they edit it through other means.
- Additionally, /etc/shells is read by getusershell(3) in libc, which _is_ required by some programs, in particular su(1). So it could make more sense to install this file with libc instead.
This seems like a bug that should be fixed in install(1), not here. It's unclear from the description what the actual bug is.
Jul 4 2018
Jul 1 2018
Looks good to me, assuming you've tested this.
Jun 30 2018
Feb 14 2018
Hi, just a quick question.
Feb 3 2018
Jan 15 2018
Dropping this for lack of interest.
Jan 3 2018
Hi, @mat experience also bit me, running FreeBSD-head (last update 12/18/2017). The pkg package itself is 1.10.3_1. I do not get a REMOVED section. I only have the FreeBSD repository configured.
Nov 12 2017
Nov 11 2017
Oct 30 2017
@jhb Any further feedback? Does this look ready for HEAD?
Oct 2 2017
On amd64, this now requires v2 minidumps (generated since 2010).
- libkvm: require v2 minidumps for walk_pages on amd64.
- libkvm: fix minor nits.
Sep 8 2017
- kvm: pass up better error messages.
Aug 24 2017
Jun 6 2017
May 7 2017
Committed last summer in several parts.
I don't remember much of the context of this, but apparently I have some unsubmitted comments (probably made nearly 3 years ago).
IIRC, I eventually concluded that running ctfconvert on C++ was a bit of a fool's errand, since DTrace doesn't support C++ symbols, and AFAIK that hasn't changed. You have to use the mangled symbol names to dtrace C++.
I'm fine with dropping this Diff.