- User Since
- Aug 7 2014, 1:05 PM (210 w, 5 d)
It is not clear from the diff, does this change include deleting etc/defaults/* as well?
Mon, Aug 20
Sun, Aug 19
Sat, Aug 18
@rgrimes A lot of your questions would be resolved by reviewing how CONFS works in share/mk/bsd.confs.mk and its dependencies.
This looks good to me.
Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.
Fri, Aug 17
Thu, Aug 16
Wed, Aug 15
Tue, Aug 14
Issues using LINKS, on cursory inspection.
Sat, Aug 4
Wed, Aug 1
Sun, Jul 29
Sat, Jul 28
- The purpose of this particular change is to move only those things that would move to sbin/init. (Answer to my earlier question.)
- You've tested this specific change. (I'm sure I've tested a similar version...)
- chpass is the program that implements chsh which modifies /etc/shells, so it makes sense to install with this program.
- However, one could, strictly speaking, choose not to install chpass on a system, either because it will never update the shells list, or they edit it through other means.
- Additionally, /etc/shells is read by getusershell(3) in libc, which _is_ required by some programs, in particular su(1). So it could make more sense to install this file with libc instead.
This seems like a bug that should be fixed in install(1), not here. It's unclear from the description what the actual bug is.
Jul 4 2018
Jul 1 2018
Looks good to me, assuming you've tested this.
Jun 30 2018
Feb 14 2018
Hi, just a quick question.
Feb 3 2018
Jan 15 2018
Dropping this for lack of interest.
Jan 3 2018
Hi, @mat experience also bit me, running FreeBSD-head (last update 12/18/2017). The pkg package itself is 1.10.3_1. I do not get a REMOVED section. I only have the FreeBSD repository configured.
Nov 12 2017
Nov 11 2017
Oct 30 2017
@jhb Any further feedback? Does this look ready for HEAD?
Oct 2 2017
On amd64, this now requires v2 minidumps (generated since 2010).
- libkvm: require v2 minidumps for walk_pages on amd64.
- libkvm: fix minor nits.
Sep 8 2017
- kvm: pass up better error messages.
Aug 24 2017
Jun 6 2017
May 7 2017
Committed last summer in several parts.
I don't remember much of the context of this, but apparently I have some unsubmitted comments (probably made nearly 3 years ago).
IIRC, I eventually concluded that running ctfconvert on C++ was a bit of a fool's errand, since DTrace doesn't support C++ symbols, and AFAIK that hasn't changed. You have to use the mangled symbol names to dtrace C++.
I'm fine with dropping this Diff.
Mar 16 2017
Sep 13 2016
Sep 6 2016
Looks good, though it might be helpful to include an explanation of what issue this is intended to address, or new feature this is intended to implement. I remember you telling me about this once, but it's been probably at least a year. I think it makes BEs more self-contained, but if they are single filesystems, what difference does it make?
Jul 18 2016
Jun 21 2016
gpart currently doesn't support MBR with gpart add -t efi. You have to say -t '!239' instead.
Jun 20 2016
Jun 17 2016
Never mind, I applied the patch against a slightly older version of head.
I don't see how this patch is supposed to work when efi_console.c:CD() requires curx/cury, but is not protected by #ifdef TERM_EMU.
Jun 11 2016
Jan 5 2016
Dec 31 2015
I have a Skylake system with an onboard I219-V port. Would be happy to test, if needed.
Jun 23 2015
May 18 2015
May 17 2015
My version of this patch (before I knew anyone else was looking) has a few extra changes:
- Use REINPLACE_CMD instead of patching curl/wget & forced-clang in configure. This is (still) required to pass poudriere builds.
- Run the unit test suite, i.e. "gmake check".
- Enable & ship the docs -- I determined that they only add a few % extra size, so they should at least be supported via PORTDOCS.
- Set VERBOSE=1 unconditionally; its behavior is more like how FreeBSD usually builds things.
Apr 6 2015
This seems to work ok (my test VM ran out of space before finishing 'make universe', but several non-x86 ARCHes built OK). Thoughts?