Page MenuHomeFreeBSD

contrib/flex: Drop local __dead2 patch
ClosedPublic

Authored by arichardson on Apr 9 2021, 4:43 PM.

Details

Summary

Upstream flex has added a yynoreturn, so this diff is no longer needed.
Partially reverts r181269. Also re-generate the pre-generated files that
are used for bootstrapping.

Diff Detail

Repository
rG FreeBSD src repository
Lint
Automatic diff as part of commit; lint not applicable.
Unit
Automatic diff as part of commit; unit tests not applicable.

Event Timeline

Update some pre-generated files

Sorry, I was going to take a look at this today. BTW, there is D28596.

In D29679#669604, @jkim wrote:

Sorry, I was going to take a look at this today. BTW, there is D28596.

Ah thanks, I didn't see that review. I can rebase on top of that one if you would like?

In D29679#669604, @jkim wrote:

Sorry, I was going to take a look at this today. BTW, there is D28596.

Ah thanks, I didn't see that review. I can rebase on top of that one if you would like?

I am going to commit the D28596 in a minute. Please rebase after that.

I can commit the regeneration of inittokenizer.c separately, so that this commit only includes the __dead2 change?

contrib/flex/src/parse.y
35 ↗(On Diff #87730)

Please do not pollute the vendor code with the SPDX tag.

I can commit the regeneration of inittokenizer.c separately, so that this commit only includes the __dead2 change?

Please commit contrib/flex/src/flex.skl first, usr.bin/lex/initscan.c and usr.bin/lex/initskel.c next, then tools/build/bootstrap-m4/inittokenizer.c last.

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Apr 19 2021, 7:10 PM
This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.

I guess you missed this comment. :-(

In D29679#669656, @jkim wrote:

Please commit contrib/flex/src/flex.skl first, usr.bin/lex/initscan.c and usr.bin/lex/initskel.c next, then tools/build/bootstrap-m4/inittokenizer.c last.

In D29679#669899, @jkim wrote:

I guess you missed this comment. :-(

In D29679#669656, @jkim wrote:

Please commit contrib/flex/src/flex.skl first, usr.bin/lex/initscan.c and usr.bin/lex/initskel.c next, then tools/build/bootstrap-m4/inittokenizer.c last.

Sorry about that! I only saw the last comment and somehow missed that one. I can revert and re-land separately if you prefer?

Sorry about that! I only saw the last comment and somehow missed that one. I can revert and re-land separately if you prefer?

Please do. Thanks!