Page MenuHomeFreeBSD

update Erlang/OTP 21 to latest runtime
ClosedPublic

Authored by dch on Jan 11 2019, 12:46 PM.

Details

Summary
  • lang/erlang-runtime21: update to 21.3

NB distfiles will take 12h to hit mirrors. In the interim
grab them from freefall:/home/dch/public_distfiles/*21.3*
and drop them into /usr/ports/distfiles/erlang/

Diff Detail

Repository
rP FreeBSD ports repository
Lint
Automatic diff as part of commit; lint not applicable.
Unit
Automatic diff as part of commit; unit tests not applicable.

Event Timeline

dch created this revision.Jan 11 2019, 12:46 PM
dch added a reviewer: feld.Feb 19 2019, 10:15 AM
dch updated this revision to Diff 54066.Feb 19 2019, 10:16 AM
  • update to 21.2.6 and sprinkle a few more reviewers in
  • move couchdb2 diff to separate patch with a few more changes
dch edited the summary of this revision. (Show Details)Feb 19 2019, 10:20 AM
jrm added a comment.Feb 20 2019, 1:27 PM

I still see a fetching issue (after 12 hours).
http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/12amd64-default/2019-02-20_09h09m24s/logs/errors/erlang-runtime21-21.2.6.log

It looks like preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz is only available from your account. Adding LOCAL/dch:local to MASTER_SITES allows it to fetch.

dch updated this revision to Diff 54336.Feb 25 2019, 10:59 AM

add dch local repo to Makefile

dch added a comment.Feb 25 2019, 11:01 AM
In D18820#412296, @jrm wrote:

I still see a fetching issue (after 12 hours).
http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/12amd64-default/2019-02-20_09h09m24s/logs/errors/erlang-runtime21-21.2.6.log
It looks like preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz is only available from your account. Adding LOCAL/dch:local to MASTER_SITES allows it to fetch.

Added that, thanks. Presumably when the port lands, my version of those files on freefall etc won't be needed anymore?

jrm accepted this revision.Feb 26 2019, 1:17 AM
In D18820#413899, @dch wrote:
In D18820#412296, @jrm wrote:

I still see a fetching issue (after 12 hours).
http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/12amd64-default/2019-02-20_09h09m24s/logs/errors/erlang-runtime21-21.2.6.log
It looks like preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz is only available from your account. Adding LOCAL/dch:local to MASTER_SITES allows it to fetch.

Added that, thanks. Presumably when the port lands, my version of those files on freefall etc won't be needed anymore?

I can't recall if you have to keep them around and I am not finding any documentation.

FYI, both http://erlang.stacken.kth.se and http://www.csd.uu.se seem dead.

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Feb 26 2019, 1:17 AM
dch updated this revision to Diff 54622.Mar 2 2019, 10:22 PM
  • lang/erlang-runtime21: update to 21.2.6
  • use MASTERSITES and PATCHFILES correctly
This revision now requires review to proceed.Mar 2 2019, 10:22 PM
jrm added a comment.Mar 2 2019, 10:33 PM

Should LOCAL/olgeni also be removed? It was a quick check, so maybe I am missing something.

jrm@storage2 /usr/ports/lang/erlang-runtime21(arcpatch-D18820_1|✔) % distilator | grep olgeni
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.eu.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
302 [DISTFILE]  http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz -> https://hub.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
302 [DISTFILE]  http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/patch-otp-21.2.6 -> https://hub.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-east.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-west.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-east.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-west.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.eu.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
jrm added a comment.Mar 2 2019, 10:34 PM

Make that LOCAL/olgeni and olgeni.com.

olgeni accepted this revision.Mar 2 2019, 10:59 PM
This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Mar 2 2019, 10:59 PM
dch updated this revision to Diff 55054.Mar 14 2019, 10:53 AM

OTP releases faster than we do... 21.3 is the new hotness.

Leave LOCAL/olgeni and olgeni.com in case of future patches there.

This revision now requires review to proceed.Mar 14 2019, 10:53 AM
dch added a comment.Mar 14 2019, 10:54 AM
In D18820#416085, @jrm wrote:

Should LOCAL/olgeni also be removed? It was a quick check, so maybe I am missing something.

jrm@storage2 /usr/ports/lang/erlang-runtime21(arcpatch-D18820_1|✔) % distilator | grep olgeni
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.eu.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
302 [DISTFILE]  http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz -> https://hub.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
302 [DISTFILE]  http://olgeni.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/patch-otp-21.2.6 -> https://hub.olgeni.com/~olgeni/distfiles/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-east.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-west.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/preloaded-21.2.6.tar.gz
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-east.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.us-west.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.eu.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6
404 [DISTFILE]  http://distcache.FreeBSD.org/local-distfiles/olgeni/patch-otp-21.2.6

We need to leave olgeni* as Jimmy may release patches as well as just me.

We need to leave olgeni* as Jimmy may release patches as well as just me.

I have a workaround for this, coming soon for review \o/

dch edited the summary of this revision. (Show Details)Mar 14 2019, 11:17 AM
olgeni accepted this revision.Mar 16 2019, 10:14 AM
This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Mar 16 2019, 10:14 AM
This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.