This is a first shot at simplifying the current situation. Please add comments
- Revert libGL/libEGL/libGLESv2 to just install there files in the normal places.
- Rename the nvidia libraries and use libmap.conf(5) LOCALBASE support to point to them.
While libmap.conf(5) doesn't mentions support for port installed config files
in LOCALBASE, bapt was so nice of of mentioning it again. Since 9.2-R is no longer
supported all supported releases have this new functionality.
Dragonfly obviously doesn't ship nvidia-driver's so we don't have to see if they
support this libmap extension.
- The nvidia-driver code was "bolted on" so it probably needs some moving/cleaning up.
- As far as my looking into xorg-server goes, it dlopen(3)'s the libglx.so library so I don't see any other way then what we currently use. As I understand it, libmap.conf(5) is part of the rtld(1) which doesn't come into effect with dlopen(3).
- While we tinkering with these ports lets sort out the conflict with linux-c6-dri and nvidia-drivers ports. Though I think we need to use the old hardlink approuch here since the linux compat stuff doesn't know about libmap.conf(5) correct?