- Add a UMA_ZONE_NOKASAN flag to indicate that items from a particular
zone should not be sanitized. This is applied implicitly for NOFREE
and cache zones.
- Add KASAN call backs which get invoked:
1) when a slab is imported into a keg
2) when an item is allocated from a zone
3) when an item is freed to a zone
4) when a slab is freed back to the VM
In state transitions 1 and 3, memory is poisoned so that accesses will
trigger a panic. In state transitions 2 and 4, memory is marked
- Disable trashing if KASAN is enabled. It just adds extra CPU overhead
to catch problems that are detected by KASAN.
- R10:09c8cb717d21: uma: Add KASAN state transitions
Aside, in cases like this I'd like style(9) to put the first line of the comment beside the /*.
Sort of bikeshed territory, but I wonder if
#ifdef KASAN ... implementation #else ... stubs #endif
isn't more straightforward
these and a couple of other changes can be committed independently first?