- Add --with-sysroot=/ to CONFIGURE_ARGS. base/binutils needs this so that ld honors --sysroot in linker scripts. base/gcc6 needs this so that the C++ include paths honor --sysroot.
- Remove a hack from GCC's configure to force C++98 mode when building GCC with GCC. libc++ assumes C++11, so this hack was breaking the build of base/gcc6 natively when the system compiler was GCC.
- Add toolchain makefiles installed to /usr/share/toolchains.
These are suitable to be used by CROSS_TOOLCHAIN when doing a native arch build. These makefiles enable appropriate knobs so that the in-tree components that are replaced by each package are not built or installed. The freebsd-gcc toolchain makefile includes the binutils toolchain makefile if it is present.
- rP521870: Various fixes to base/binutils and base/gcc6.
- native build/installworld cycle using freebsd-binutils and freebsd-gcc6 in an amd64 VM and CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=freebsd-gcc6 set in /etc/src.conf