Page MenuHomeFreeBSD

Move all devfs related files to sbin/devfs/
ClosedPublic

Authored by brd on Aug 18 2018, 10:28 AM.

Diff Detail

Repository
rS FreeBSD src repository
Lint
Automatic diff as part of commit; lint not applicable.
Unit
Automatic diff as part of commit; unit tests not applicable.

Event Timeline

brd created this revision.Aug 18 2018, 10:28 AM
will added a comment.Aug 18 2018, 9:04 PM

Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.

brd added a comment.Aug 18 2018, 11:01 PM
In D16785#357233, @will wrote:

Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.

We do it in many places already, is it worth worrying about for a few days until the other move happens? The bluetooth move is a relatively bigger move so I was waiting a bit for that.

will added a comment.Aug 19 2018, 8:48 AM
In D16785#357262, @brd wrote:
In D16785#357233, @will wrote:

Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.

We do it in many places already, is it worth worrying about for a few days until the other move happens? The bluetooth move is a relatively bigger move so I was waiting a bit for that.

Not sure about the "many places" bit, but it's just unnecessary churn. You're going to want to do the bluetooth move very soon anyway. After that, it is a trivial update to this diff.

brd added a comment.Aug 21 2018, 6:34 PM
In D16785#357332, @will wrote:
In D16785#357262, @brd wrote:
In D16785#357233, @will wrote:

Sorta weird to set an empty FILES=, perhaps bluetooth.device.conf should be moved first, so this file can be moved along with deleting the etc/defaults directory altogether.

We do it in many places already, is it worth worrying about for a few days until the other move happens? The bluetooth move is a relatively bigger move so I was waiting a bit for that.

Not sure about the "many places" bit, but it's just unnecessary churn. You're going to want to do the bluetooth move very soon anyway. After that, it is a trivial update to this diff.

Ok, opened D16833 for the bluetooth move.

brd updated this revision to Diff 47062.Aug 21 2018, 7:38 PM

Update after bluetooth move

brd updated this revision to Diff 47063.Aug 21 2018, 7:44 PM

Update the mode for devfs.rules

will added a comment.Aug 21 2018, 8:03 PM

It is not clear from the diff, does this change include deleting etc/defaults/* as well?

brd updated this revision to Diff 47065.Aug 21 2018, 8:30 PM

Missed svn rm etc/defaults

brd added a comment.Aug 21 2018, 8:31 PM
In D16785#358386, @will wrote:

It is not clear from the diff, does this change include deleting etc/defaults/* as well?

Good catch, I missed that.

will accepted this revision.Aug 21 2018, 9:19 PM
This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Aug 21 2018, 9:19 PM
This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.