- Note that pc98 will move to Tier 4 in 12.
- Replace 'Tinderbox' with 'tinderbox' to require only some sort of CI and not a specific implementation.
- Add a new Tier 1 requirement with some noises about ABI.
This should possibly be split up into separate commits (or at least the
pc98 update should be standalone). I suspect that mips probably belongs in
Tier 2 at this point as well (it even has cross-built packages which is a
Tier 1 requirement).
I think some other points probably warrant clarity though:
- I think we want to say that refX "machines" (can be emulator instances) are provided for all Tier-1 platforms in the cluster.
- We don't currently say that releases must ship release bits (ISO images, VM images, FTP tarballs, SoC disk images, etc.) for any class of architectures. I think we should say that a release will ship some sort of release for all Tier-1 architectures.
- Similarly, while we say that a Tier-1 architecture must support the packaging system, we don't commit to providing packages for all Tier-1 architectures.
- We may wish to expand the note about cross-building packages for "embedded" architectures to permit cross-building of release bits as well.
In general though I think our Tiers probably cover embedded already.