Google Compute Engine offers scripts and daemons which runs in the
background and provides the following services:
- Accounts daemon to setup and manage user accounts, and to enable SSH key based authentication.
- Clock skew daemon to keep the system clock in sync after VM start and stop events.
- Instance setup scripts to execute VM configuration scripts during boot.
- IP forwarding daemon that integrates network load balancing with forwarding rule changes into the guest.
- Metadata scripts to run user provided scripts at VM startup and shutdown.
- Network setup service to enable multiple network interfaces on boot.
Submitted by\: Helen Koike (maintainer)
Reviewed by\: lifanov (mentor), matthew (mentor), koobs, sunpoet, swills
Approved by\: lifanov (mentor), matthew (mentor)
Differential Revision\: https://reviews.freebsd.org/DXXXXX