Page MenuHomeFreeBSD

Rename www/neon29 to www/neon
ClosedPublic

Authored by ohauer on Dec 15 2014, 6:39 PM.

Details

Reviewers
bapt
Group Reviewers
portmgr
Summary

In the past there where neon26 neon27 neon28 and even neon29 as dedicated ports.
The neon ports had different libneon.so versions until gnomehack was used.
After removing all the older neon revisions www/neon29 was left and it is time
to move this port to www/neon.

I've created a script that will do all the magic work, it is aviable here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/neon_rename_PR195786.sh

Diff Detail

Repository
rP FreeBSD ports repository
Lint
No Linters Available
Unit
No Unit Test Coverage

Event Timeline

ohauer updated this revision to Diff 2751.Dec 15 2014, 6:39 PM
ohauer retitled this revision from to Rename www/neon29 to www/neon.
ohauer updated this object.
ohauer edited the test plan for this revision. (Show Details)
ohauer added a reviewer: portmgr.
bapt accepted this revision.Dec 23 2014, 10:36 AM
bapt added a reviewer: bapt.
bapt added a subscriber: bapt.

Can you just wait a bit to only commit it after Wednesday 1am UTC?

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Dec 23 2014, 10:36 AM
In D1319#3, @bapt wrote:

Can you just wait a bit to only commit it after Wednesday 1am UTC?

Sure, after living so long with neon29 there is no need for hurry up
I think a good time could be between (Dec. 28 - 30 ) so it is close to the next portbuild run and already in the 2015Q1 branch.

bapt added a comment.Dec 23 2014, 8:13 PM

ok for me :)

mat added a subscriber: mat.Dec 23 2014, 9:21 PM
In D1319#8, @ohauer wrote:
In D1319#3, @bapt wrote:

Can you just wait a bit to only commit it after Wednesday 1am UTC?

Sure, after living so long with neon29 there is no need for hurry up
I think a good time could be between (Dec. 28 - 30 ) so it is close to the next portbuild run and already in the 2015Q1 branch.

Hum, no, the idea is to have it as far possible as the next portbuild to have time to fix stuff. Always do disruptive stuff in the 24/48 hours after Wednesday 1am UTC, and refrain from doing them when less than 24/48 hours of it.

I try to always do my Perl infamous things on Wednesday or Thursday so that I get to fix it before we have a week without 20k ports because Perl was broken on Wednesday 1am UTC :-)

mat added inline comments.Dec 23 2014, 9:22 PM
UPDATING
14

pkg not pkgng

In D1319#10, @mat wrote:
In D1319#8, @ohauer wrote:
In D1319#3, @bapt wrote:

Can you just wait a bit to only commit it after Wednesday 1am UTC?

Sure, after living so long with neon29 there is no need for hurry up
I think a good time could be between (Dec. 28 - 30 ) so it is close to the next portbuild run and already in the 2015Q1 branch.

Hum, no, the idea is to have it as far possible as the next portbuild to have time to fix stuff. Always do disruptive stuff in the 24/48 hours after Wednesday 1am UTC, and refrain from doing them when less than 24/48 hours of it.
I try to always do my Perl infamous things on Wednesday or Thursday so that I get to fix it before we have a week without 20k ports because Perl was broken on Wednesday 1am UTC :-)

Unluckily 1am UTC is 3am in my timezone and I'm mostly on the road w.o the next day.
If someone has a better timezone feel free to use the scrip, it it will do most of the work (except merge the UDATING.txt into UPDATING and there is no auto commit ;)

In D1319#12, @mat wrote:

pkg not pkgng

Thanks!
adopted and fixed in the script

ohauer closed this revision.Dec 24 2014, 7:31 AM