Update to 2020e
Changes to future timestamps:
Volgograd switches to Moscow time on 2020-12-27 at 02:00.
Changes to past timestamps:
Correct many pre-1986 transitions, fixing entries originally
derived from Shanks. The fixes include:
- Australia: several 1917 through 1971 transitions
- Bahamas: several 1941 through 1945 transitions
- Bermuda: several 1917 through 1956 transitions
- Belize: several 1942 through 1968 transitions
- Ghana: several 1915 through 1956 transitions
- Israel and Palestine: several 1940 through 1985 transitions
- Kenya and adjacent: several 1908 through 1960 transitions
- Nigeria and adjacent: correcting LMT in Lagos, and several 1905 through 1919 transitions
- Seychelles: the introduction of standard time in 1907, not 1906
- Vanuatu: DST in 1973-1974, and a corrected 1984 transition
Because of the Australia change, Australia/Currie (King Island) is
no longer needed, as it is identical to Australia/Hobart for all
timestamps since 1970 and was therefore created by mistake.
Australia/Currie has been moved to the 'backward' file and its
corrected data moved to the 'backzone' file.
Changes to past time zone abbreviations and DST flags:
To better match legislation in Turks and Caicos, the 2015 shift to
year-round observance of -04 is now modeled as AST throughout before
returning to Eastern Time with US DST in 2018, rather than as
maintaining EDT until 2015-11-01.