The Python package custom_inherit provides convenient, light-weight tools for
inheriting docstrings in customizeable ways.
- Metaclass that instructs children to inherit docstrings for their attributes from their parents, using custom docstring inheritance styles.
- Decorator that merges a string/docstring with the docstring of the decorated object using custom styles.
- Built-in docstring merging styles for popular docstring specifications:
- NumPy docstring specification
- Napoleon docstring specifications (for both Google and NumPy styles)
- Merging based on reST sections
- Simple inheritance from a parent, if the docstring is not overwritten
- Simple interface for using your own docstring inheritance style.