First cut of an OCI release target for A1-Flex, the Ampere KVM-based VM
implementation in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, based on 13.1-RC1.
- ✅ built with 13.1-RC1 + b57e321175768358fcae767e2828e04e3ce7fa3d & this diff
- ✅ "works on my machine" (A1.Flex VM only)
- 💔 documented & automated Makefile.oci for re@ deployment
- ✅ cloudinit runs at startup
- ✅ ssh-keys fetched via cloud-init
- ✅ ssh works with keys only (to a freebsd@ user)
- ✅ freebsd@ user can sudo to root
- 💔 finalise cloudinit tweaks
- 💔 finalise package list and remove dch's toys
This is in reviewable state now; I still have to consolidate
the last 2 points but this shouldn't change substantially
between now & commit.
I could do with some advice on what re@ needs to put this
into production. Any prior art for other clown providers?
Not planned in this release:
- [ ] zfs flavour
- [ ] support A1.BM (Altra bare metal instances)
make -j64 buildworld -s \
&& make -j64 buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC -s \
&& cd release \
&& make -DNOPORTS KERNCONF=GENERIC cloudware-release WITH_CLOUDWARE=yes CLOUDWARE=OCI -s
and then follow the usual manual upload steps.