First cut of an OCI release target for A1-Flex, the Ampere KVM-based VM
implementation in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, based on 13.1-RELEASE.
- ✅ built with 13.1-RELEASE & this diff
- ✅ "works on my machine" (A1.Flex VM only)
- ✅ automated deployment steps to usable cloud-init image
- 💔 documented & automated Makefile.oci for re@ deployment
- ✅ cloudinit runs at startup
- ✅ cloudinit runs custom scripts (if provided)
- ✅ ssh-keys fetched via cloud-init
- ✅ ssh works with keys only (to a freebsd@ user)
- ✅ freebsd@ user can sudo to root
- 💔 linuxisms - cloudinit puts files into /var/lib & /run
This is in reviewable state now; I am waiting on devel/oci-cli
to appear in quarterly ports before this is complete.
I could do with some advice on what re@ needs to put this
into production. Any prior art for other clown providers?
Not planned in this release:
- [ ] zfs flavour
- [ ] support A1.BM (Altra bare metal instances)