- User Since
- May 26 2015, 5:01 PM (113 w, 3 h)
Sun, Jul 23
May 21 2017
I can't test iwn(4) with 4965AGN - firmware throws FH_ERROR's during testing with and/or without this patch when HT rates are in use (A-MPDU / HT40 / SGI status does not matter).
Scanning is not reliable too - sometimes AP is shown on (almost) all 5GHz channels, while it is present on 44th channel only -> this results in NMI_INTERRUPT_WDG error during next scan.
May 16 2017
May 15 2017
node / mbuf NULL checks now are omitted
not really omitted - just considered as 'correct' - and ignored (see SCD_QUERY status comment + workarounds cannot cover all possible cases).
Apr 9 2017
Apr 3 2017
Apr 1 2017
Mar 26 2017
Mar 22 2017
Mar 19 2017
Yeah, this creates unneeded overhead for permanent data flow (and not so noticeable at the end, since it called only once); I will remove it.
BTW, there is another problem: with default ieee80211_ffagemax there is almost no chances to get an aggregate; typically, the queue is flushed earlier.
Mar 13 2017
Probably wme_state (in struct ieee80211_wme_state, ieee80211_proto.h) should be removed too?
IMHO, M_AGE_*() is useless for both powersave & stage queues - the first frame always has AGE set to some default value + it is always 0 for subsequent frames; how is it supposed to work?
Mar 3 2017
Init htrateset a bit later
Feb 26 2017
It was additionaly reused for 'rftoggle_task' (and may be reused few more times in future).
Feb 25 2017
Feb 12 2017
Jan 30 2017
Hmm, so what to do with IEEE80211_F_COMP / IEEE80211_F_TXPOW_FIXED (AUTO/OFF) ?
Jan 29 2017
Jan 28 2017
Other parts look fine.
Jan 27 2017
Jan 23 2017
Jan 21 2017
Fix few typos
I'm unsure about IEEE80211_NODE_* flags setup in ieee80211_ht.c - if user will play enough with ifconfig(8) parameters some nodes may be created without the flag but with ni->ni_htcap and vap->iv_flags_ht bits set.
Jan 18 2017
Jan 12 2017
- Remove IEEE80211_RX_F_DECRYPTED flag setup.
- Call ieee80211_add_rx_params() in rtwn_rx_common() (and drop __DECONST); ieee80211_input_mimo() will check mbuf tag presence anyway.
- Fix possible NULL pointer dereference (after ieee80211_find_rxnode() call).
- Do not try to define R92C_RX_DRVINFO_SZ_DEF in if_rtwnvar.h; it is always included before r92c_reg.h.
- Fix rate mask in r12a_rx_radiotap_flags().
Jan 2 2017
Dec 25 2016
Yes, this is USB NIC.
Dec 21 2016
Dec 15 2016
Dec 10 2016
Dec 4 2016
Nov 27 2016
Committed as a part of rS309210
Nov 21 2016
Nov 18 2016
It does not use these fields (1T1R); that's why it went unnoticed.
Yes, this is off-by-one bug. Thanks!
Nov 17 2016
Ok, thanks for the description; I've just misread the code.
the NIC driver might look at this setting and pass it on to the firmware in some way if possible.
Nov 15 2016
Nov 11 2016
Oct 29 2016
Oct 18 2016
Oct 16 2016
So, firmware-based scanning will not be implemented as an 'ieee80211_scan_fw' module?
Oct 11 2016
Oct 9 2016
P.S. is there any need to call memcpy(3) in ieee80211_???_rx_params() ? As I can see, it can return a pointer to ieee80211_rx_params structure instead (NULL if operation fails)
Committed in rS306591
Sep 26 2016
Sep 21 2016
Looks good to me.
Sep 20 2016
Committed in rS306049.
Committed in rS306049.
Works fine when 'hidessid' is not set (however, 'hidessid' bug is not related to this change).
Sep 15 2016
Probably, yes (e.g., 88EU supports 64 MAC ID slots but has only 32 key slots; 12AU/21AU - 128 MAC ID slots, 64 key slots)
Sep 13 2016
Sep 12 2016
That was a bit problematic:
- there are no 40MHz-capable APs without DSSS/CCK support in the range;
- FreeBSD / Linux inserts ERP/11b rates into beacon even when DSSS/CCK support is not advertised.
Sep 9 2016
Obsoleted by https://github.com/s3erios/rtwn.
Jun 26 2016
Looks fine for me (however, I have no device to test with).
Jun 24 2016
Jun 22 2016
P.S. I'm not sure that this code will be called when vap == NULL ...
Sure (ic_macaddr is device's MAC and iv_myaddr may be a) a copy of it b) user-specified via 'ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev <dev> wlanaddr <addr>' c) user-specified via 'ifconfig wlan0 ether <addr>')
Jun 13 2016
In addition to the above:
- switch to ieee80211_iterate_nodes();
- do not assert that node table lock is held, while calling node_age(); that's not really needed (there are no resources, which can be protected by this lock) + this fixes LOR/deadlock between ieee80211_timeout_stations() and ieee80211_set_tim() (easy to reproduce in HOSTAP mode while sending something to an STA with enabled power management).
Jun 8 2016
Wrong for a bit; I'll fix this soon.