- User Since
- Sep 9 2020, 9:47 AM (142 w, 1 h)
Jul 26 2022
I rebased the code with a recent of the code.
I applied the feedback for kern_snapshot.c: I updated the copyright and I remove the unnecessary headers.
I tested again to make sure that the suspend/restore functionalities are working (I applied the same test plan).
May 2 2022
I renamed the limiting functions for the file descriptor as @emaste suggested.
Apr 22 2022
Apr 18 2022
Add EPRINTLN to handle raw mode when printing the error messages for the created functions.
Apr 15 2022
I applied most of the changes recommended by @markj. I did not add the documentation for the "-t" yet. @gusev.vitaliy_gmail.com i did add VM_SNAPSHOT_REQ to vm_get_ioctls() and I did move init_checkpoint_thread() before cap_enter() in bhyverun.c; I did not implement the first recommendation yet considering the feedback from @markj and I don't know exactly if I should remove or not the "-t <checkpoint_dir_path>" approach. What do you think of this current patch version?
Apr 8 2022
I did one more update to the proposed implementation. Initially I did a split in order to make the review process easier. After applying the recommended changes parts 2 and 3 of the stack are not needed anymore because the code turned out to be enough for one ticket. This last update contains all the changes for the capsicum integration and I will archive parts 2 and 3. If you have any others changes that you consider that should be applied please use only this ticket. I am eager to see what is your opinion after all the changes were applied.
Apr 1 2022
I updated the revision to match the changes applied in https://reviews.freebsd.org/D34587 as well to solve an issue when the first disk path is /dev/md0. Now the snapshot directory can be specified at boot time using -t option.
I also applied the code refactorization to match part 3(https://reviews.freebsd.org/D34587) of the stack review.
Mar 30 2022
Mar 23 2022
Made the necessary changes to the solution in order to solve a issue mentioned by @rew(there is a problem when the first disk uses /dev/md0. Instead of using the parent directory of the first disk, now the snapshot directory can be specified at boot time using -t option.
I also did refactor the code to remove unnecessary/unused parts before and after the changes.
Mar 18 2022
Mar 17 2022
Mar 14 2022
Jul 12 2021
Jul 1 2021
Fix year type in kern_snapshot.c.
Jun 5 2021
I replaced ucl_parser_add_file with ucl_parser_add_fd in order to provide all the restrictions for the metadata file used during the restore process. I also a part of the changes suggested by emaste.
May 26 2021
Apr 8 2021
Rebased with a newer upstream and applied the changes from the review https://reviews.freebsd.org/D29538.
Mar 14 2021
Oct 2 2020
Removed redundant lines; applied most of the recommended changes.
Sep 14 2020
vm_snapshot_kern_structs was called two times and probably caused a problem with save restore for multiple devices