Based on a continual stream of complaints about portlint which
partially stemmed from weakness in makepatch, I decided to address those
complaints once and for all.
This new version of makepatch:
- conserves comments in existing patches
- Works on patch files that contain multiple patches. It will reassemble multipatch files after generating them
- Will never, ever, change the name of an existing patch. No matter what the patch name is, even if it's never followed any convention, the patch will be regenerated in place with the same name
- The old patches are all archived (not destroyed)
- Any patch not regenerated is deleted.
A) If a source file is modified by multiple patches, the regenerated set
will combine the partial changes to a single change.
B) It may get confused on multi-patch files if the patch itself is corrupt.